One thing I do not have enough of in my collection is perfumes, colognes, body sprays, and simply fragrances. At least I don’t think so, if you asked my husband he would probably disagree. lol I have about 2 dozen more or less. I would like to add to my collection, but I haven’t the faintest idea where to start. Since this is a budget/bargain blog, I generally shop at drug stores for cosmetics and fragrances, and unfortunately this means very few testers. So I was very interested when I found in my inbox an email from Total Beauty titled The 19 Best Fragrances.
Except, I have heard from other beauty bloggers that Total Beauty is crap, that you really can’t trust their ranking or reviews. So I’m not sure if I can believe this list.
Another thing, I really hate the way they make you click and click and click to get through their list. Why can’t they just put it all on a page or even a few pages, but not each and every item on it’s own page. This would really annoy the hell out of me if I was still on dial up, it’s still a pain in the ass waiting for pages to load on high speed internet, just because I’m that impatient!
I’m putting the list up here, and I’ll link to the page each fragrance is on so that you can see what they say about only the fragrance(s) you are interested in, instead of having to slog through the whole thing, unless you want to! lol
- Jennifer Lopez Glow Eau de Toilette Spray $56
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette Spray $80
- Ralph Lauren Ralph Eau de Toilette Spray $45
- Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Eau de Toilette Japanese Cherry Blossom $18.50
- Burberry Brit $50
- Victoria’s Secret Dream Angels Heavenly Eau de Parfum Spray $59
- Vera Wang Princess Eau de Toilette Spray $68
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau de Parfum $50
- Clinique Happy, $49.50
- Avon Far Away Eau de Parfum Spray $22.50
- Calvin Klein Euphoria Eau de Parfum $40
- Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau de Parfum Spray $85
- Benefit Maybe Baby Eau de Toilette $48
- Escada Moon Sparkle Eau de Toilette $40
- Mary Kay Bella Belara Eau de Parfum $34
- Estee Lauder Beautiful Eau de Parfum Spray $62
- Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau de Toilette $60
- Michael Kors Eau de Parfum $65
- Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Perfume $150
I guess I should mention that this list is backwards, I don’t know how to do the html to make a countdown numbered list, if there is a way to do that, so I just did a bulletted list.
I only have one of these fragrances, I have Jennifer Lopez’s Glow. My sister gave that one to me. I like it, but it isn’t one of my favorites.
I’d like to hear from my readers, once I have a few…lol! Do you agree with this list? Do you like any of these fragrances, and which ones would those be? If your favorite isn’t on the list, then tell me what it is, and describe it. I don’t know all the ways to describe perfume, like base notes and dry down etc. So if you don’t know that stuff that’s fine, just give me your impressions of your perfumes, and what you think of the ones on the list here.
I’m hoping to get some ideas for buying fragrances before (and after) the holidays when I know there will be great sales and wonderful gift packs. I’m gonna be my own Santa and get me some for under the tree!